Friday, February 8, 2008

The Last Battle

I was listening to Third Day last night and I heard a song on there called Eagles. The lyrics reminded me of the last book in the Narnia series. The lyrics are as follows:

My pain and problems keep me chained

And my troubled heart makes me weak

I'll wait for You to comfort me

And in You I know I'll find my strength


I will soar on the wings of eagles

I will learn to fly high above this world

And I will soar on the wings of eagles

I will learn to fly

I will learn to fly high above this world


I tremble with this heavy weight

And I'm buried underneath my grief

I'll run to You and not grow faint


And I'll lay my burdens at Your feet

The song may not sound remarkable unless you've read the book. In the twilight of Narnia when that world is coming to an end, they enter into a new Narnia that is like their own but only sharper and, well, just better. The mountains were clearer blue, the grass was greener, and the water was more refreshing. As they looked around, they could tell why they loved old Narnia. The old Narnia reminded them of here. Their heart knew they belonged and they were finally home. The bible says "He put eternaty in our hearts" and I think Lewis showed this really well through the pictures he painted in his words.

Well, the part of the song I like is where it says "I'll run to You and not grow faint." After they've realized this was true Narnia, they heard the roar of a lion. They instantly knew it was no ordinary lion but The Lion, Azlan himself. They began to run to him. They ran the first few miles like it was nothing. Jumping over logs like a deer in the forest, or through the fields like one of the giant cats. They came to a stream and they jumped in to swim all the time going towards Azlan. They found out in this Narnia, they could swim upstream. They began swimming and were amazed that after all this they were not the least tired. They swam till they came to a waterfall and did only what seemed the natural thing to do at the time. They began to swim up it. They swam and ran and jumped all the way to where Azlan was standing and arrived there not the least winded. Their bodies had been perfected to be suted for this new Narnia.

Most people know the Lion Azlan is Narnia's symbol of Jesus and the new Narnia is the new Earth that will be given us to have dominion over. How I can't wait to leave these burdens behind and be in His presence. Each night I spend time with God through his word, I am a little more amazed by who He is. Check out the book in addition to your quite time and I think you'll see what I'm saying.

No comments: