Thursday, February 14, 2008

You Are Good

Yesterday was an amazing day. It's one of those days you just have to stop and count your blessings. As a typically quiet person, I think my brother thought I was on crack when I called him. I get really chatty when I'm excited and I talked for 10 minutes and 24 seconds strait according to the timer on my phone. Here are a few of the things I noticed that are blessigns.

I own a house
My brother finally cleaned his room and helped out in the kitchen
It's starting to look like a cool house
I own a car
I love driving my car
I have a good job that pays my bills and allows me to do things I love like planning a ski trip and fronting rentals for everyone
I got free passes to a movie I really wanted to see
I get paid Friday from Ateb
I get paid Friday from EFT group
I get paid Friday from Tax refund
I get a profit sharing bonus from Ateb
I have great friends
I go to a great church
My Sunday School is awesome
Bible study Tuesday night went really well
BSF has continued to be good and I've learned a lot from the study of Jesus

There are several more that I won't share on this blog for the sake time and some of them are personal but it has been a good week. It was almost too good one might say. I'm just waiting for everything to go wrong because it's about time for another trial. I was listening to a Point of Grace song saying over and over that "You are good." They would give situation after situation and say God is good. Now that I can see my blessings, I know God is good. I then remind myself that even if all of the things I've listed dissapear, He is still good.

I've gone through both the valley and the mountain this past year and I've seen God there with me the whole time. I leave you with the lyrics of that song I heard.

No comments: