Friday, April 25, 2008

The Networking King

I love networking. Ever since I had a job in sales I started networking different services and trying to put people together. Because of contacts I made in the cell phone business, I was able to get Cingular to drop a $200 phone bill a few years ago. Recently, one of my coworkers was complaining about how expensive a particular power supply was. I had dealings with a guy named Kevin at a place called Cyberock a few years back. I made a quick trip over there with the part number and he found that power supply for 1/5 of the cost they were paying. They ended up buying 182 power supplies at around $50 instead of $250 so that's a huge chunk of savings. In addition, they may continue to use them and continue to save in further dealings.

Now I'm working to find an office building for us to move into. Ateb's lease ends in January and we'll be moving out of here. A friend of mine who I met through BSF works for a company that buys commercial land and builds office buildings. There is a plot of land next to our office for sale so it would be kind of cool if I was the one responsible for setting it all up. Obviously they would need to meet Ateb's price point but it looks like it could be a really good opportunity for us and for my friend. He does a lot of work out of town depending on where the job site is. It would be pretty cool for him to be in town for the next 8 months. Also, being next door, we could hang out on our lunch breaks which reminds me of an article I read today about the joys of same sex friendships. The article actually was about girls being friends with other girls but I think the principles still apply. Click HERE to check it out. I am always impressed by what Suzanne Hadley has to say and her incite in the article is no exception.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

I'm so glad I didn't read that shark article before I went to sleep last night! I'll owe you one if I dream about Jaws tonight! You definitely won't see me in the water anytime soon!