Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Yikes, my finger

As I wrote in a previous post, I'm trying to start a new phase. I'm trying to do more home cooked meals and save some money. This past Sunday I made 16 bean chili but it was not with out casualties. I don't know what I was thinking but I decided to dice the onion in my hand over the pot. I figured I'd keep from making another dish dirty but I forgot that knives are sharp and my finger is soft. Yep, I cut a little too deep and hit my finger. Lucky for me, it was on the tip where you don't have many blood vessels so no bleeding. It actually looks like a bad paper cut.

Anyways, I'm eating the chili now and it's pretty good. Texture is a big thing with me and most of the time I can't eat beans because of their mushy and grainy texture. I didn't cook them all the way so they're still somewhat crisp if that is the right word. I've got enough for the next week so I should be able to eat this for a while.

No comments: