Wednesday, October 22, 2008

go vote

Focus on the family sent me a voters guide that doesn't tell you how to vote but asks questions that the candidates may not have answered. Since this is a bubble sheet, they can only choose y for yes, n for no, or u for undecided. There is no opportunity for spin or political dodge. This can be found at http://ncfamily.org/voterguide2008-general/ and is a great resource to know more about who you are voting for.

There is a rule that says you shouldn't talk about politics but I've been thinking about how I plan to vote and I've come to the conclusion that I can not vote for either of the two leading presidential candidates (see presidential guide HERE). Since I can not support the candidates, I plan to write in my vote for president. Aside from that, I'll go through the booklet ncfamily sent me and decide my vote by that.

Some may say I'm wasting my presidential vote but I have to believe in our system. If I vote for the candidate that I believe is the best, then he has a chance of winning. I must vote my conscience and God will ordain the candidate that will take office. They may not be the best for our economy or our moral disposition but they would not take office unless God allowed it. (See Romans 13)

Please take time to read the presidential voter guide and become familiar with the issues. I for one did not know Obama supports making you pay for abortions through your taxes. It doesn't matter if you think killing a baby is a sin or not, you will support financially abortion clinics. I also did not know that McCain was not that far from Obama when it comes to that issue.

2 comments:

marcie said...

Colonial handed those out last sunday too.

Melissa said...

So interesting, Brantley!