Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Green Lantern

In case you haven't heard, one of my favorite DC titles is going to the big screen. There has been talks of that at least. I really can't wait to see who how they portray the man with out fear. They'll likely do an origin story first and it might look similar to New Frontier. Then, I hope they'll consider the Sinestro Wars as that has been my favorite story arc yet. Here is what the producer said in an interview.

Earlier today I caught up briefly with producer Donald De Line, who is developing the Green Lantern film, and asked him for an update. He told me that "a new draft of the script came in" and they're "gearing up to start shooting early spring." While it's not confirmed, he added that "it's coming together and I'm excited about it. Hopefully we'll make it to start gate. We're really close - really close."
With all the Marvel movies coming out, its about time DC took advantage of the trend. Their characters tend to be so much deeper in my opinion.

No comments: