Friday, October 24, 2008

Greenspan Shocked

Greenspan who retired in 2006 said he suspected the lending agencies were taking on too much risk and congress who has been controlled by congress has done nothing more then encourage the loans and took no measures to curb their practices. He however admits he did not see the crisis being this big.
"this crisis, however, has turned out to be much broader than anything I could have imagined,... Those of us who have looked to the self-interest of lending institutions to protect shareholder's equity -- myself especially -- are in a state of shocked disbelief,"

How do we go from here? Well, we learned in Greenhouse class at Colonial that each leader and nation is not only allowed by God but also the actual amount of time has already been set. We as individuals or even groups of individuals can not shorten or lengthen that time. It has never been our call to "save America" but rather to save Americans. I can not know how long the US has as "The Superpower" but I know it is the nature of the world and of governments to go from good to immoral as has always been the case. Moral decline is a part of life and the consequences are often severe. It is our right and duty to vote and do what we can to influence but we must accept what ever policies that go into effect as long as they are not contradictory to God's command. This is the principal known as "just law" since God has not specifically commanded against it.

I don't have my binder with me so I can't give the verses that go along with my previous paragraph. If you know them off the top of your head, feel free to put them in the comments section.

2 comments:

marcie said...

you've taking too much french... how about, "where do we go from here?" ;)

Brantley said...

lol, yeah... I put the english version of comment allez-vous... oops