Monday, October 6, 2008

Myers Briggs question 1

Which one are you? I would classify myself as I(introverted) by nature even though I enjoy getting out and doing things with groups. The short test I took put me down as an E which I would agree to an extent. I'm an introvert with extroverted tenancies.

Q1. Which is your most natural energy orientation?

Every person has two faces. One is directed towards the OUTER world of activities, excitements, people, and things. The other is directed inward to the INNER world of thoughts, interests, ideas, and imagination.

While these are two different but complementary sides of our nature, most people have an innate preference towards energy from either the OUTER or the INNER world. Thus one of their faces, either the Extraverted (E) or Introverted (I), takes the lead in their personality development and plays a more dominant role in their behavior.

Extraverted Characteristics

  • Act first, think/reflect later

  • Feel deprived when cutoff from interaction with the outside world

  • Usually open to and motivated by outside world of people and things

  • Enjoy wide variety and change in people relationships

Introverted Characteristics

  • Think/reflect first, then Act

  • Regularly require an amount of "private time" to recharge batteries

  • Motivated internally, mind is sometimes so active it is "closed" to outside world

  • Prefer one-to-one communication and relationships

No comments: