Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What has Christmas become?

I just watched a clip on how guys can be a good husband and stay out of the "dog house." I'm reminded of the curse for sin given in Genesis.

To the woman He said,
I will greatly multiply
Your pain in childbirth,
In pain you will bring forth children;
Yet your desire will be for your husband,
And he will rule over you.

And to the man He said
Cursed is the ground because of you;
In toil you will eat of it
All the days of your life.
Both thorns and thistles it shall grow for you;
And you will eat the plants of the field;
By the sweat of your face
You will eat bread,
Till you return to the ground,
Because from it you were taken;
For you are dust,
And to dust you shall return.

I guess this is saying we'll work hard to buy that vacuum but no matter how nice, it will prick us like a thorn. Then the woman will take that opportunity to assert power. Is there a moral to this story? I'll let you decide.

No comments: