Friday, July 17, 2009

Wedding Registry

You're going to want to go to Bed Bath and Beyond for your wedding registry.

First, for the free stuff. You might have looked at my registry and noticed a lot of crap that nobody would want. Thankfully nobody bought it for us because, it was crap. Bed Bath and Beyond has several programs where if you add certain items on your registry, you will get free stuff in the mail. I could go more into it but you'll figure it all out when you get there.

Second, for the free money. Bed Bath and Beyond has a referral program so when you register there, make sure you say you were referred by some one. BB&B will send that person a $50 referral gift card just for saying their name. They'll probably spend that money on you anyways so its a win win situation.

Third, for the discounts. I don't know about you but I get BB&B coupons in the mail all the time. I see $5 off a $15 order or 20% off one item. You shouldn't have to pay full price for any item there. Also, after your wedding day, they'll send you a coupon for 20% everything still on your registry. Its really a great deal. We registered for a nice set of knives and all the knives in the set individually. We returned all of the individual knives we got and with that money bough the full 21 piece set with the 20% discount. There is all kinds of ways to get more for your money there if you just spend some time planning.

When picking a registry however, it is important to keep your guests in mind. Most of my family is from Harnett County therefore they don't have a Bed Bath and Beyond near them. As an alternative for them, I created a Wal-Mart registry. That was great because I was able to put camping stuff and other fun activities that Marcie and I could do together.

There is one other option but I don't suggest it. I signed up for a honeymoon registery where guests can buy your honeymoon. Actually, they're just putting money in a bank account and you would get a lump sum just before your wedding. It seems like a good idea but they charge you 5% on every purchase therefore you're throwing away free money. Besides, a lot of people will give you cash or gift cards anyways so you're likely to get the same amount or more on your wedding day. We'll find out this weekend when we pick up the cards from my parents house.

No comments: