Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wedding Cake

There are so many options to do here. We felt weird at first not serving cake to our guests but the desert crepes are pretty good so I figured it wouldn't be a big deal. We were lucky to have a friend who is super talented with cake decorations. By doing a smaller cake (wedding party only) and having Keri make it for us, we saved a ton of money. I felt like the result was just as good as the super large cakes that feed everyone. Plus, we had strawberry cake which in my opinion tastes much better then your normal wedding cake.

Another friend of ours has an interesting idea for her wedding. She is asking everyone to make pies for her wedding. What a good alternative to the traditional wedding cake!

1 comment:

Betty Crocker wannabe said...

Thanks Brantley! I appreciate you asking me to do the cake. It was a great oppurtunity!