Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pie Trial Two

This is our second go at pie. We were in Williams and Sonoma and saw leaf cookie cutters. Being fall time, what better way to cover your pie then with a crust of freshly fallen leaves.

I thought it would be a good idea to add a little color so I added food coloring to the water before mixing it into the crust. It turned out pretty well and really looked like fall after brightly colored leaves have fallen.

The next question is how does it look cut? We were pleased with the final product even in slices. You can see to the right what it would look like. The pie was peach which isn't my favorite but it still tasted pretty good.

Oh, in case you are wondering what that ghostly thing in the background is, it is our October napkins. Marcie and I a little while back bought fabric for each month of the year. Halloween being Marcie's favorite holiday means our October napkins have bones on them and the rings are ghosts.

2 comments:

Betty Crocker wannabe said...

I'm planning on trying this soon. I picked up the leave cutter the other day. It looks great!

Betty Crocker wannabe said...

*leaf*