Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Grocery Savings

Coupons aren't always the best way to shop. A lot of times you can find the product cheaper even after using a coupon if you use store brands and catch sales. With that being said, I'm trying to combine both sales with coupons for ultimate savings. Here was my receipt from yesterday's shopping. Shopping for the super sale items only and stocking up on things I'll need later, I saved quite a bit.

I spent $39.35 and saved $35.95. I'd call that a success. Any time I save almost as much as I spend, I would call that a success. We bought enough food so that our meals for the week have been taken care of. Not bad considering $40 covers both Marcie and I. Thank you Ashely for getting us into this. Who knew saving money could be this interesting.

By the way, in this purchase, I bough some NY strip steak, fresh produce, and restocked my flour. It wasn't just beans and rice.

1 comment:

liza said...

You can save money on online shopping by taking advantage of printable coupons, deals, discounts, promotions, and special codes at http://printable-coupons-cmc.blogspot.com/.