Thursday, January 28, 2010

TV Cables

I got this great idea to run the cables for the TV behind the wall. When I put the hole in the wall however, I found that it was a completely empty space. Its one of those walls that would be perfect to put a safe behind and hang a picture over it. You know what I'm talking about. Its like you see in the movies where some one notices one of the pictures is hanging slightly off center and notice the papers they are looking for are locked in a safe on the wall. I'd feel like James Bond every time I opened it.

So anyways, this is just under the TV. I'll run the HDMI and coax cables through to there as well as RCA. The hard part comes from adding an electrical socket there. I'm hoping the socket near by isn't using all of its connectors so I can add another one to it. Since it hooks up to a HDTV, I'm putting a GFCI socket in case of a surge. Now that I think about it, I wonder if it might be better to put a male end on the other side instead of only putting the socket in series with another socket.

No comments: