Monday, February 1, 2010

My Problem

Here's the problem I had. I needed to get power to behind the TV but to do that, the only way I could get it there is to tear down the drywall. Where you see the TV and the 3x hole, I've already run RGB RCA cables and two other RCA cables. I've also run two HDMI and a coax cable. Now you won't see any more cables hanging out (actually, my Wii cable will be showing) and everything will be clean. That is my hope at least. So, how did I solve the problem? I probably didn't do it the best way but at least it looks like it is going to work. I'm not done yet. I need to plaster a little more to make the wall flat and then paint again but a picture says a thousand words so let me show you the work in progress.



Here I cut the drywall and drilled through a live box. Smart, I know. It did get me good once. I screamed like a little girl.



Preparing the drywall patch. Left 1 inch of paper on either side.



Applied mud as you would a brick in a wall then plastered the paper to the wall. Let it dry overnight & now need to sand it. From there, I'll be able to see what I need to plaster again to make smooth. Then one final sanding and I'm ready to paint!

I can't wait! It is going to be so nice having everything wired for later. Nothing showing wires is one thing but the ease of leaving the TV wired every time I buy a new component will be awesome!

No comments: