Friday, April 2, 2010

Match Report

We lost again last night. I wonder if we'll win a game this season. I scored a goal early but they came back with two more goals. We outplayed them for all but 10 minutes (that's when they got their goals) but it wasn't enough. We had so many opportunities but nothing capalized. Our team is playing much better though. We're moving with out the ball and are passing much better. Our players that are new to the game are playing much smarter so we're starting to come around. We just need to score more.

On that note, they had one player that single handily won the game for them. He as fast and strong and in great shape. Every pass that wasn't perfect was anticipated by him and picked up. I would have had probably three times the looks on goal if it wasn't for him. I tried to drag him to the outside and that seemed to help a little but we just couldn't put one in.

I'm very tired today though. Before the game, I went to a RPM cycling class. My sister & her husband just opened their newest gym the other day and I went to check it out. There is a small room where you turn down the lights and cycle to techno music. The music is picked to keep your RPMs (cycles per a minute) at a certain pace through out the entire thing. Marcie and I are both sore and tired from it. Also, if you're not used to riding a bike, you'll get a nice bruise on your butt that lasts a day or two. I hear that stops happening after your 3-4th ride.

Although it was a good workout, I felt like once the game started I was ready to play. My legs were warmed up and I had much better control of the ball. I don't know if that was just my legs being used to physical activity or just because I'm getting to play more bringing back muscle memory. Just like last week though, I still need to work on accuracy. A few of the harder passes and shots I took were errant. Maybe next week I'll try to get our team to do a proper warm up. No one was passing and crossing before the game so we had to figure it out as we played. Some people were juggling the ball and others were just sitting and talking. It didn't help that we only had two balls for the entire team. If I can find my needle, I'll have to get my ball pumped up so I can bring that one out there.

No comments: