Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Unconstitutional Practice of National Day of Prayer

You read that right. Judge Barbara Crabb has ruled it illegal for the US government to say the un-government-funded and un-government-advertised day can no longer remain an official day. While I strongly believe in the separation of Church and State, I wonder if this is over the top. I try to think of how a National Atheist Day would sound to me if it was set up by the government. I don’t’ think I would worry too much as long as like the day of prayer, no government funding went to its promotion or celebration. Then again, I have Christian values that were the reason we have the liberties we have today. It seems namely the Atheist movement angrily opposes the freedom of religion. As our country slips away from Christian values, the liberties and freedoms we once celebrated will no longer exist. It’s a sad day for our country but I have a feeling it will be good for our souls. Apathy is rampant when freedoms are taken for granted.

No comments: