Sunday, September 5, 2010

Good news

I was for some reason under the impression that Marcie would be gone till Thursday. This is the first time we've been away from each other for this long and I miss her. When you're in the honeymoon phase, you realize how lucky you are to get to spend your life with someone. I assume with time, companionship will become the norm and it will take one person leaving for a few days to remind you how lucky you are. Still being new to the marriage thing, I don't think I needed that reminder so soon.

Because Marcie's awesome, she did everything she could to leave me prepared. She cooked large meals each night before she left so that i would have leftovers for every meal and did all sorts of things to make her absence easier. We've been doing some major construction in the house so I've had plenty to keep me busy but I'll be glad when she's back. I just realized today that I was thinking wrong and that she will in fact be back Tuesday. That will be perfect since Monday I'll be busy with carpet and Tuesday I'll be at work then coaching soccer. Once that is over, I can pick her up from the airport. I'm hoping the carpet will be done and she'll come back to a put together house (cause now it's a wreck). I know she'll love the new carpet and wall color. It's going to look great.

No comments: