Wednesday, September 8, 2010

eat pray love

While I was in MI over the past few days I froze, and went to a movie. My mom and I went to see 'Eat Pray Love'. I was disappointed and left feeling empty. There were a few things that really bugged me too. I guess that it was my fault for not getting a rating of the film prior to viewing.

Rating from Plugged In Movie Reviews(focus on the family)

First she gets divorced even though her husband still loves her. I hate when movies give divorce, created by man(yes there are clauses for divorce but 90% of people do not follow them and if they did I bet A LOT of people wouldn't be getting divorced), as the easy answer to your happiness. The institute of marriage, God ordained, shouldn't be tossed to the wind. What does 'till death do us part' mean to you?

She jumps into another relationship on a whim and lives with the guy(and has a fling with another guy later). I don't support living with the one you are pursuing until you take your vows. I suppose I may be old fashion but it keeps you out of sooo much trouble and forces you to get to know and understand the other person really well, which is more important than figuring out if they leave the toilet seat up or squeeze the toothpaste tube wrong, or snore or whatever else people use as excuses. Those are all things you can talk about and know without living together. :) Anyway, I just don't like it.

I also didn't like the various religions she choose to explore at random, weather she truly believed in them or not. I wish more people took time to get to know God.

I did enjoy seeing all the culture and different settings. And I wish I could up and leave and eat my way through place after place 'finding myself'. It would be nice.

These are just my opinions based on my beliefs. I should also mention that I am a hypocrite, I have seen movies that have all these same qualities that I don't complain so much about, and should not tolerate. When I think about the world around me and I watch other people and hear their beliefs I get upset and just want to tune it all out, I see the things I don't like and don't agree with more and more in life and it bothers me that people can be so oblivious or resenting of God and Christianity. I can't imagine they feel happy with life as is. The other day I saw on a morning show that Stephen Hawking has stated that "science makes God unnecessary". I can't wait until judgment day and to see the look on his face when he understands he was wrong. This has made me so glad that Brantley didn't want to pay for cable TV. Why waste my time with all this junk in the world.

We are called to be in the world not of the world.

2 comments:

Ashely said...

I started reading the book and right off the bat, she says she doesn't accept that Christ is the only way to heaven. I said, okay and kept reading. Then, it gets into she's just tired of being married and that's why she wants to get divorced. I got sick of it and decided I didn't want to fill my brain with nonsense and put it up. I think I was about 12 pages in.

Betty Crocker wannabe said...

yeah, I read the book and felt the same way after reading it. I couldn't believe that so many people thought that it was such a great book.