Wednesday, April 6, 2011

First Harvest: Asparagus

Our first harvest is in. It takes Asparagus three years before they can be harvested. We bought our plants already two years old so this year we can finally eat them. They shouldn't be picked unless they are as big as your little finger. These were the first to fit that category. Hopefully once it gets warm more will come. Next year I hope they will do even more.

Also we planted from seeds artichokes. They don't produce in their first year either but we're hoping they will next year. Our apple trees are also doing well. Our gala only has one branch with buds but our Pixie Crunch has a lot. I will probably cut off the buds on the pixie because the tree is so small. I'd hate to dwarf it too much. The gala however can go whenever it wants as it's already a good size. You can see pictured to the right my one flowering gala branch. It's taken from my cell phone which won't focus on items close up.

2 comments:

Katie said...

hey Brantley,

First, this post has nothing to do with your harvest post. I am a fan of veggies though. :) To cut to the chase, I was googling "comfortable suede chair" and an image from your post on 8/26/2010 came up. Anyways, My girlfriend and I were looking at used furniture and debated getting this piece but it was a little expensive. I was going to try to find it online but that also seems to be more difficult than I thought because I cannot find who manufactured this chair. Do you have any slightest clue where you bought it or who designed it??? I was going to give it to her for our anniversary.

Can you email me at ktgee@bellsouth.net if you know...

Thanks for your time,

kt

Brantley said...

Sorry Katie, I don't know who made it. :( Good luck searching.